SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tesschron

help with a bathroom update idea

Taralyn
15 years ago

Hope some folks here can visualize, I don't have pics, but need help. I have a long, bowling alley master bath, 11 foot ceilings, with tub on the left, nice long vanity with two sinks and plenty of room in the middle,a clear glass shower with brass trim on the right, then a private stall for the toilet. The previous owners put in chrome and brass faucets to blend with the brass trimmed shower. The tub, vanity top and shower back is creamy white marble tile. The lighting was not upgraded (still two brass strips with round bulbs on vanity, and two cheap ridged ball lights on ceiling), and still had wallpaper. I don't want to replace the faucets, but do want to upgrade the look. Here is a link to the faucet look:

http://www.faucetdepot.com/faucetdepot/productsearch.asp?link=(962CE046-96CC-438F-8CF9-686ED9D485D8)&Search=True&SearchString=&SearchFaucetType=All&SearchHandleStyle=All&SearchFinish=Chrome/Brass&SearchManufacturers=All&SortBy=a.Ranking&absPos=11&CurrentPage=2&PageGroup=1

I will be stripping wallpaper and painting BM Brookside Moss, which works with both the chrome and brass, and painting/gel staining the vanity base to look like the cherry flooring in the master bedroom. Adding a frame around the massive mirror, also in cherry with silver and gold flecks. Now - I have had trouble with lighting, figuring I would go chrome as it looks less cheap than brass - but I saw these on clearance today -

http://www.lampdeals.com/3-lightchandelierharvestmaple6936600.aspx

If you look at the bottom of the page, they have the vanity lights too. I would use two of the small chandeliers for the hanging lights. I can use gel stain to color the wood to what I want.

So what do you think? I was thinking a)I love these b)they would focus on the cherry tones in the vanity and mirror, and decrease focus on the brass/chrome combo,c)price is great and if I want to neutralize for sale, goes with any color. Or is my overdone taste taking control, and I would be better with plain chrome light fixtures?

thanks for the opinions,

terry

Comments (3)