SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lvmy4kds

Help! I'm not sure where to start.

15 years ago

I hope I can make this clear. We are planning on updating our kitchen. I know what needs to be done but I am not sure of the order in which to do them and how I can get the best use out of my money. We plan on this being a partial DIY but I am wondering if I should hire a designer to help me oraganize. UGH

We are keeping our cabinets. They are in great shape, just outdated honey oak. I would like to paint them white and put glass panels in a few of them. Change countertop to soapstone or granite. Possibly add a cabinet to the end of the island and under an area that now has a desk to make it all storage. We need a new cooktop in the island, new sink and faucet and a new dishwasher. The dishwasher will need some plumbing work but it should be minimal. Change out all of the baseboards and paint all moulding white, paint walls and add a tile backsplash. I would also like to have a banquette built in our breakfast nook. Last but not least, refinish wood floors.

Realitically I see my husband and I painting walls and replacing the baseboards and having everything else hired out.

I feel as confused as this post probably sounds. I really need to get an idea on what this is going to cost. Do I go with a handyman or someone different for each job?

I need direction. If I was not trying to save money I would hire a KD and call it good. I hope someone can help me.

Comments (2)