SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kellienoelle

Console table suggestions -

kellienoelle
10 years ago

I am in need of a console table to fill a space between a sofa and a wall. If anybody has been following along to my work in progress FR, we had a bit of a standoff between my husband who wanted to have the sofa against the wall, and me who (at the recommendation of the folk here) wanted it pulled up closer to the fireplace. After a couple of months of us "living with it", my husband either has relented because he knows I can be more stubborn than he is or come to love the new arrangement. So I have been giving the green light to get a console/sofa table to fill the space. I have been looking but have seen nothing that strikes my fancy so I thought I would turn to you guys for suggestions.

A couple of notes, the sofa, loveseat, chair and drum table are new and will not be changed out, I want to keep the rug even though it has been challenging decorating around, the side tables and coffee tables are old and will likely be replaced at some point, we just repainted the room from a cream color to this slightly deeper beige which we like, we do want window treatments and I am sure I will be hitting you up for ideas soon, I am not quite to accessory stage so lots in here will likely change, that TV isn't moving (a standoff where I gave in). Here is the room as is:

Rough floor plan (although side tables aren't to scale)

And a couple of overall images of the room (pics taken at night so I apologize that it looks dark and I probably could have straightened up a bit)

And then a closer up of the space in question
{{!gwi}}

I am needing probably about a foot wide, it won't be very visible so I would like it to be relatively inexpensive. Ideas? Wood? Metal? Glass top?

Comments (69)

Sponsored
Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars39 Reviews
Ohio's Kitchen Design Showroom |11x Best of Houzz 2014 - 2022