SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
outwest_gw

sink for 18 inch deep cabinet?

outwest
17 years ago

Fist, I apologize for posting this question in two forums. I posted it in bathrooms and then saw there was a plumbing forum and thought maybe the plumbing forum might be better for it.

Do you know of any sinks (over OR undermount) that will fit an 18 inch sink base? We may have a really big problem if we can't find any. I have checked the American Standard, Home Depot and Kohler websites and gone to Lowes. I am starting to get worried. Honestly, the hole does not look that small, certainly big enough to hold a sink, but apparently the standard Kohler undermount sinks we bought won't fit. We just found this out today when the fabricator came to measure the travertine slab for the top. Now I am starting to really worry. If the GC messed up with this and there isn't any sinks that will fit is he responsible for fixing the mess?

The interior dimensions of the cabinets (there are two that were to hold a sink) are 16 1/8 X 22 1/2. They can't be any deeper because of an entry door. Moving the door won't matter because the tub and pony wall are already framed on the other side. They are finishing the cement for the tile tomorrow and want to start tiling Friday.

The bathroom LOOKS terrific, but if we can't have sinks........

Would those new fangled ones that go on top of the counter like a fruit bowl work? I am not sure I like them, though.

Comments (3)