SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mamameme_gw

sink layout/number of holes is rising, pics and advice wanted!

mamameme
12 years ago

Looking for some advice and pictures!! Pretty please! I currently have a hideous and old faucet with baseplate and sprayer + airgap to far left + instahot spout far right on a 30" sink. I'm probably going with a Silgranit Precis super single 30" in the black or charcoal and looking at doing a single hole faucet and keeping my instant hot. I want things as clean and uncluttered as possible, but I also am thinking I really want to add a soap dispenser and airswitch for the GD (tiny). I'm trying to weigh wanting a lack of clutter and still having it as useful and convenient as possible, so I'm a little torn.

So basically I have 4 items sticking up right now and even though I want to simplify, I may end up with 5 (airgap if I absolutely have to, faucet, soap disp, instahot, GD airswitch) but hoping if I decide to do that, the overall look will still be clean.

Some questions:

- those of you with soap dispensers, do you love them? Does it help or add to sink clutter?

- airgap... Do any of you not have one and have you had any probs with DW backing up? We have a brand new DW and even though in Calif. an airgap is code, our DW doesn't require one and appliance people and our contractor all think it's a matter of time til the codes catch up to the technology. That being said.. we're still hesitant since all we've ever known is airgaps.

- Will some of you with lots of mounted gadgets on your sinks please post pictures so I can visualize how mine might look?

- Thoughts on where all this junk should go? I'm not worried about handedness but more from a visual and usefulness standpoint. I'll probably keep the instahot to the right since that's where it's located underneath and it suits me fine there.

Comments (8)