SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
beekeeperswife_gw

My Ship Came In....But Someone Sank It.

beekeeperswife
12 years ago

So, you remember my joy of finding the Super White...going to the pier in my fancy dress, looking like Kate Winslet, singing "My Heart Will Go On"....right?

I couldn't figure out why I hadn't heard from my fabricator. I kept asking over and over "how long can the island be if we are maxing the slab out". Finally got an email from my builders "designer" (yes, that's in quotes). She is in charge of selections and upgrades, etc. She told me that the fabricator told her that the importer "values this granite more than before and is charging more. I would need to pay an additional $1700. We need your approval".

Approval denied. I told her we were fresh out of $1000 bills. I was at first very ticked that I had already paid a premium for the Super White in the first place and now I was supposed to pay more. Granted, I did go to an importer he rarely uses. But his importers were not options--1 didn't have any SW "and we won't be getting it back in", and the 2nd said this is all we have, (much too gray). The Fabricator had told me I could look around and he could get it from anywhere.

But, don't cry for me Argentina, oh, I mean Garden Web. I am taking this opportunity to get marble. You all know how I lust after it. I'm going for it. I mean YOU have it (well, if not you, but you know who does) So, really, why can't I have it? And I called this guy's supplier. I have a way of squeezing info out of people even if they are not allowed to talk to "the public". Their marbles are significantly cheaper than their SW (which is what he based his price off of originally. I've declared to him with the savings I want to see a fancier edge on the island, and also to have it built up to look thicker. I'm not too demanding.

So, there you go kids. Kiss the Super White Goodbye. And if you remember, the 3 slabs I was "assigned" didn't quite make my heart sing, I thought perhaps I was just jaded and I couldn't feel the same way about another stone ever, after my Bianco Antico. But you know what? (whispering....) I think my heart really will sing with marble.

:)

Comments (37)