SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
halligan_gw

Protect and Seal?

15 years ago

I have a camaru deck with cedar post and now it is time to protect and seal. For the camaru (Not quite as hard as Ipe) I am planning on Messmers UV plus for HW. I was hoping to go with Woodzotic but it seems Ken has had some troubles keeping the product available. How does Messmer's hold up? Is there another I should consider?

For the cedar, I have a few more questions...

First has anyone used or heard of Cedarshield wood perservative? If it is a good option, should it be applied with a good preserving sealer/stain or is this overkill? For the stain, I am tempted to use OneTime. Even though it has not been around for many years, the reviews are mostly very positive and resealing baluster can be very time consuming. Is this the way to go? If it is, should I still consider a petrification process(cedarshield)? The camaru is going to be as natural looking as possible and I want to match or at least not contrast the rail stain to the camaru color. What color OneTime should I use? If Onetime is NOT the way to go I was thinking of staying with Messmer's for cedar or maybe Wood Tux? Help????

Comments (7)