SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
puterputz_gw

Please HELP with question regarding roof for deck!

puterputz
16 years ago

Hello Everyone,

We are putting in a pool finally:) We live in Florida and my husband built a deck in back that is 28 X 13. We have a 1500 sq ft house and really enjoy the deck for extra space for entertaining... I would like to add a roof to protect against the sun and rain. My husband is very handy but is not comfortable about adding the roof himself. (He has built 2 boats, gutted and renovated a kitchen, turned a back porch into our 3rd bedroom)

I have made some calls and am getting prices of 15K and up for adding a roof that is tied into our tiled roof. Can anyone help me with some other ideas on how we can add the roof for less?

I have looked at the retractable awnings which will run approx. 7K but because of our raised deck, our height is 7'5" and with a downward slope of the awning would be too low..and a pergola, but I don't think that will look good and fully accomplish what I want regarding the rain and for the cost not worth it...

I am going to try to add a picture of our back/deck. We have two different roof lines so perhaps that is the problem.

I hope with all the wonderful expertise here someone may be able to come up with an inexpensive way to get me a roof:)

Thank you SO much!

Dana

{{!gwi}}

Comments (5)