SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
twntyonegambler

Concrete patio drainage

twntyonegambler
16 years ago

Not sure if this is the right forum, but here we go...

Well the impossible happened  money started growing on trees (actually a nice anticipated tax refund). So now I am researching to finish off the last of my backyard projects  build a BBQ/Bar area in a space about 14x14. It used to be a play area complete with rotting wooden structure for kids. I wouldnÂt let my kids near it. My problem is that I will now lose this as a drainage area. My raised concrete patio is already fitted with a drain that goes to a professionally done hole (French drain?) in the middle of my lawn.

This area is not so lucky. My question is  is it possible to build a drain hole (of course filled with crushed rock, lined in fabric, etc under a slab of concrete? Currently, I have an approx 20x20 roof section with a downspout that will need to drain somewhere. It currently hits a concrete walkway and the new slab will tie into the current one. In Northern California (San Jose), while we get rain, itÂs not like a massive thunderstorm. Tying into the lawn drain is not an option either.

Any thoughts? I am trying to avoid standing water, etcÂthanks all!

Comment (1)