SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
annie_lee_gw

Strange thing -- scattered black flakes (debries) on my bath sink

annie-lee
16 years ago

Hi All,

I recently redo 3 bathroom sinks. All seems to be working fine, no leaks. But the one in the basement bathroom has something strange almost every night. We don't know when it occurs, but every morning, there will be a loosely scattered of tiny black flakes of some sort cover the sink bowl. We would clean it, but next day, it comes again. This can not be from the ceiling, because the ceiling is all closed by drywall, newly painted and no holes. This is not a sewage backup either, because this dusky flakes are very dry and can be washed off easily. The drainage system is functioning fine, with all parts including the gooseneck PVC connected properly, and no leack at all. So what is this strange thing keep happening? What should I do to solve this problem? Again, this is the only of of the 3 new sinks that has the problems. I should say though this is the only Pedestal Sink that we installed, the other two are regular sinks, if that would make any difference. Also, this seems to happen at night, though I can't be 100% sure. Thank you in advance for any help or suggestions.

Comments (11)