SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bizabet

treatment for upper resp. infection in cat

bizabet
13 years ago

My cat has an uri--maybe. He's sneezing very wet sneezes that are clear. He's also stopped eating. I took him in Sat. and he wasn't showing a temp then. The vet thought it was allergies and told me to give him benadryl. Also gave him an initial shot of benadryl. Sun. tried to give him the liquid ben. BIG mistake. I've not seen that many slobbers on anything so small! Ok, so no liquid ben. That evening I tried putting it in food, but by that time, he wouldn't eat anything. I tried a comparable dose of tablet form but it didn't help. Took him back to vet this a.m. Now he's showing one degree of temp., still sneezing clear sneezes, and sort of wet breething. Vet gave him a shot of ab's and a shot of something that he said would reduce inflamation and push him back to eating. He figured Rudi would eat by this evening but he still looks at the food and then at me with this pitiful expression, like "that's not food! I want food!" He seems to be sneezing less, and I know he can breath thru his nose (watched him while he was asleep) so any thoughts on what I can do to get him to eat something?

Comments (17)