SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rich_2009

Pebble Sheen color Golden Pearl? Groundwater seeping in too.

rich_2009
15 years ago

Long time lurker, first time poster

We just had our new pool finished with what we think is Desert Gold Pebble Sheen. The bags that were used say Pebble Sheen "Golden Pearl". I haven't found anything on the Pebbletec website or in these forums that talk about a color "Golden Pearl". The pool also hasn't been acid washed yet. Color looks like what we wanted so far, I just didn't know if anybody here has heard of it or not.

My other concern is that we've been plagued with groundwater throughout the entire build process. The pump that has been running for days...weeks has never removed all of the water from the shell. Just before the Pebbletec went in today, they were able to remove most of the water from the bottom. Now this evening there is probably 6 inches of water that has seeped/weeped in through the Pebbletec with the pump still running. There are also a few wet spots here and there. I read a couple of posts that indicate the surface takes approximately 30 days to cure underwater. I'm just concerned with leaks.

None the less I will post pictures, since there aren't many of the Desert Gold Pebble Sheen. My wife and I spent many nights laying in bed changing our minds on the color/texture of the surface.

Pool Specs:

500 sqft surface area

flagstone coping

ivory travertine deck

sunshelf

hot tub

All Hayward equipment

stacked stone water feature

Comments (7)