SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
huango

able to diagnose this 'ping sound' w/out being at the site?

huango
16 years ago

Hello,

I am reaching out to all plumbers who may be able to diagnose this weird bathroom plumbing 'ping' sound.

We just moved into this 1976 house, so after the closing/moving cost, taking down trees/re-routing/paving the 200ft long driveway, and new water heater, we are in the Red financially for the year.

But we have this pinging sound (not really ping) that happens in the 2nd floor bathroom that concerns me. What if there's water dripping and we're growing mold, and rotting all the wood.

If that's the case, we'll deal with the problem, but we don't have the money to get a plumber in to tell me.

(it's kinda like not having the money to get a mammogram to check out that lump in the breast because you don't really want to know what that lump really is, because if it is the big-C, you don't have money to deal with it anyway, but you should...

you know what I mean?)

So does anyone have anyclue what this sound is about?

- 2nd floor bathroom

- we have hot water baseboard heat

- the sound happens when you turn on the hot water sink faucet, or when it's draining. same for when draining the tub. but no sound when flushing toilet.

- the layout of the bathroom is weird; it's like 2 separate room w/ 1 doorway from the sink-room to the tub/toilet-room. so the sound occurs behind/above the sink and toilet, which shares the dividing wall which separates the 2 rooms.

thanks for reading, and any help

Amanda

Comments (3)