SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
baggs03

New Pool- Several Questions

baggs03
16 years ago

Hey everyone-

We're building a new pool in Houston, TX (in ground pool and spa, possibly with a weeping wall). I've searched the forums quite a bit, but I still have a few questions that I was looking for some feedback on:

(1) PUMP AND CONTROL: I've seen a lot of info on both ends, but is there a prevailing opinion on whether the Intellifo 3.2 or the 4x160 is better? The efficiency of the 3.2 is tempting, but I've heard it may be less reliable. Also, can you control both/either from a Jandy PDA, or do we need to use an EasyTouch? Is it asking for trouble using a Jandy PDA (cheaper) to control a Pentair?

(2) LIGHTS: Are Pentair LEDs any better or worse than Jandy? Are most folks happier with LEDs rather than incandesants?

(3) HEATER: Any preference between a Pentair/Sta-Rite heater vs. a Ray-Pac?

(4) CLEANER: Any preferences between a Polaris 280, a Pentair JetVac, or a Pentair Legend?

Aside from the Pump/Controller question, I'm just looking to see I should go with the cheaper options, or if there's reason to pay a little more for the expensive options. Otherwise, the warantees are the decider. Thanks for your help!

Comments (8)