SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
quirkyquercus_gw

What do you think about this idea?

quirkyquercus
16 years ago

I'm thinking about creating a website where you can post pictures of properties/homes where they neglect their dogs in some fashion or repeatedly violate animal control laws.

For instance, those people that chain their dogs in areas that is illegal or let their dogs roam the street loose, keep their dogs locked in a hot car in a parking lot, or any other scenario where animal control can't enforce the law.

For example I have some people on my street that let their dog loose to potty in other people yards. They never walk the dog or pick up the poop they just let the dog take care of business on their own and come home when it's done. Unneutered of course too. If I were to call animal control on them (and I have), by the time they got out here the dog would be back with their owner. There is nothing they can do.

I would be able to use this web site I am talking about to publicly shame the people anonymously. I could post their address and name and a description of their violations and photos.

A little local promotion in the area of the offenders could lead them to the site to be made aware of what has happened on account of their not caring about their pet. Such as flyers or a postcard in the mail, etc.

What do you think, would this be an effective way to convince people to change their ways? Would you post offenders to the site?

It could be like a sex offender registry only for animal code offenders. LOL but I am totally serious.

Comments (12)