SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
chicagoan_gw

11 yr old cat pooping and peeing on bed 1-2x a day

Chicagoan
10 years ago

I adopted an 8 yr old male tabby 4 years ago. He was fine for the most part. I did have to keep the bathroom door closed because he would use the sink as a litter box to poop in, this was due to the foster home he was in, she kept him in the bathroom away from the 14 other cats in the house. Always used the litter box after that. I had a 19 yr old female cat when I brought him home. He was then the only animal in the house. Very loving, friendly, and loves to play with little kids and be around people. Listens like a dog when I call him or tell him to do something. A year and a half ago I moved. There is one other individual in the house, treats him like her own. But after 6 months, he started to pee on my bed. I have gotten a plastic mattress pad to place over the comforter. He does on there atleast two times a day. He does use the litter box atleast once a day too. I have changed litter brands, food brands, tried anti-anxiety drops in his water, sprays, air pheromones (which the plug-in caught on fire) Put up extra litter boxes, moved them. Taken him to the Vet for blood work and urine work. NOTHING!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm at my witts end. I travel for work for up to 2-3 days at a time, not every week. This started before the traveling. I have even taken him with me on a week long trip, he did nothing in the hotel. The smell gets into the air and circulates through the vents.
I spray and wash everything with Nature's Miracle.
I do not know what to do anymore.
I'm in desperate need of some suggestions.

Comments (10)