SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sapphire6917

Crystal chandeliers are like fashion models...

sapphire6917
11 years ago

...beautiful to look at but high maintenance! I know many of us on GW are crystal chandelier owners and I have to ask this question - how do you keep those suckers clean? Now I know why it was mainly wealthy people that had them because they also had staff to clean them.

I have one flush mount one in a guest bathroom and, after two rounds of cleaning, I have changed my mind on the master bathroom and closet lighting and reduced my dining room lighting plan from three chandeliers to one, much simpler, center chandelier. If I hadn't already bought one for the parlor, I would have eliminated that one, too!

I used to be so captivated by the HGTV reveals and the magazine photos with the chandeliers over the bathtubs and in the kitchens but now all I think is 'Who's cleaning that?'. Greasy, dusty crystals can't be fun.

So, what's your cleaning routine for the chandeliers? Is there a product that makes cleaning them a snap? Or, are you waiting for any hint that they're out of fashion so you can snatch them out?

Comments (16)