SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
qmarker

Need advice on water softener purchase

qmarker
13 years ago

Hello, I have 'finally' managed to sell my house and I will be moving into a brand new condo next week. I have several friends living in the village that I am moving to and they tell me that the city water is very hard and they all have water softeners. Here in my home I've had well water and a full water softener in the basement and loved it.

The condo is built on a slab and the area for the furnace & hot water tank is off the laundry room but is very small. There is a floor drain next to the furnace but there is no utility tub in the laundry area either. It would have to be some sort of a very small softener. I will have a garage that is back to back with the furnace & hot water tank room and perhaps the salt tank could go in the garage? I am seeking advice on what water softener I might shop for that would do a decent job for me. I am in Wisconsin so a garage install is not possible either. I don't know what to look for or research before I shop. After doing a search I though a salt-less would be wonderful but after reading various posts obviously that is not the answer for me.

Thank you for any advice you can offer, Donna

Comments (5)