SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_16647

American Woodmark....does QC even exist?

User
15 years ago

I know this is for a bathroom, but more activity in the Kitchen Forum is prompting me to post here. We ordered just under 2,000 in American Woodmark cabinets for our master bath remodel. Got them a couple of weeks ago and were told to inspect them good, which we have. In addition to a couple of dings, one side of one of the base cabinets isn't sprayed completely and looks horrible. Plus, none of the drawer fronts of the 3 drawer boxes we bought are properly aligned. The space between the top & middle drawer is about 2 inches wide, and the gap between the middle & bottom drawer is only about 1/4 of an inch. It looks hideious. I spoke with the rep at HD and sent pictures over two weeks ago. Since then he's been playing phone tag & run around with the AW Rep. Now my rep called today to say that someone from AW as well as HD want to visit the house to view the cabinets in person. I asked if there was a problem, and he said no, they just want to see how this could happen. It doesn't take rocket science to understand how this could happen, if they had a Quality Control department that inspected the orders before delivery, it would have been fixed before leaving the factory. I understand inspecting for dings or damage caused from shipping, but I resent receiving the cabinets with the type of problems they ended up having. Obviously, AW chooses to put the burden of Quality Control onto their customers. And how many people won't know enough to understand that something is actually wrong! (Like my DH!) Has anyone experienced this or have a clue as to why they want to come to our home to see the cabinets as opposed to just replacing or fixing them? Also, I'm concerned that to fix them, they have to drill new holes and I don't want cabinets that are full of misaligned holes. Is it unreasonable to expect them to be replaced? Thanks in advance.

Comments (26)