SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gman66_gw

Proper Pad Design & Plumbing for Intelliflo Pump installation

gman66
16 years ago

Just got my Intelliflo 3.2 pump and will be getting my Pentair Quad 60 DE filter today. If your willing to offer some suggestions on proper plumbing i surely would have open ears.Here is some of my criterior.

1....Would like to raise pump off of concrete pad surface on its own pedestal pad aproximately 12 - 18 inches tall so that when i'm programing i'm not groveling to the ground level on my knees! Pentair Tech stated no problem.

2....I did buy the Pentair # 261050 "Hiflo" BW valve. I'd like the features and want to give it a try.

3...I want to discard the old crappy heater that i will never use as the expense is much too high even with an efficient gas heater. I would like to at least plumb in taps for future solar heating as an option and not have to reconfigure all the plumbing.The existing configuration is a 2" copper line to the pump

1.5" from pump to BW valve (BW valve all 2" ports)

2" from BW to filter

2" from filter going back to BW valve

2" from BW vale splits to two 1.5" lines. One line directly to pool, and the other thru the pool heater. All the feed and return lines go directly thru the congrete pad and continue underground to the pool so i need to work with what i have.

4....Would like to set up plumbing for a salt water system for future installation or would consider doing it now if need be.

Some of my ? are....

1... Pentair tech stated i need a 12" straight run into the pump.This will be an issue for my existing pad and filter placement, etc. Is this really necesary? My current setup is directly from a 90 elbow into the pump and that pump has been ok from 1972 to today.

2...Is it feasable to set up 'taps' in the line for future solar and salt water system or would i need to plumb all at the same time?

3...Should i use all PVC or ABS fittings?

4...How can i post pics on this site to show my existing plumbing?

Thanks much.........Gman

Comments (2)