SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
parkerla_gw

integrating kittens into semi-feral group

parkerla
16 years ago

Hello--

I have been taking care of several semi-feral cats from nearby Griffith Park - feeding and watering them every morning. None of them have been petted or allowed indoors. This has been going on for several years but I have only been doing this for the past few months (I moved into a cat-loving friend's old place). The house is known in the neighborhood for being the 'cat house' as my friend has captured and fixed nearly two dozen cats over the years. Which is why someone dropped off a box of four kittens in the front yard last night.

My fiancee is allergic to cats and I'm mildly allergic so we can't take them in. The Humane Society is full and the kittens are too small to be fixed so they'll be put down if we leave them at a shelter.

My question is, should I even try to integrate them into the existing adult cat community? The adults are pretty low-key and tolerate each other and us very well - but could four new kittens disrupt things? We don't mind the additional cats running around outside, but we're nervous because they are so young. The neighborhood is also populated by a group of skunks, a few possum and a raccoon. We hear coyotes sometimes in the park but have only seen a lone coyote once in four months.

I appreciate any advice.

Comments (4)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, OH