SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jterrilynn

Honed granite or soapstone or?, that is the question!

jterrilynn
14 years ago

It seems every decision on planning my little kitchen is a PITA. Trying to figure out the countertops as I do not like polished shiny granites or man made stones, or very black colors, IÂm thinking more along the lines of gray to charcoal gray. I thought I found the perfect soapstone "Mumbai Gray" but the slabs do not come big enough for the planned sink area/eat-in area. Then I thought I would do honed granite in the grey-ish family but have read that they are high maintenance. A little background; my two grown sons are living home while going to college, they do not bother to wipe counters off 50% of the time, husband and I are tea drinkers and husband is very messy in tea counter area, oh, and we are red wine drinkers. IÂm stumped right now! A second choice would be honed granite with gray with maybe some terracotta color in it but I may be getting into maintenance issues again? What would you do for a countertop in grays if you lived with messy men (besides screaming or kicking them all out)?

Comments (9)