SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
andrelaplume2

install a new overmount kitchen sink / faucet

andrelaplume2
14 years ago

We decided we wanted to replace the faucet in ur 20 year old kithcen and figured while doing so that we might as well put in a new deeper sink as well. The last time we decided to swap faucets our plumber said we should pick up whatever we'd like at the a big box store but stick with a brand name since you are more likely to find parts for them down the road. He did not offer us a catalog or anything. He simply performed the labor.

This time we picked up a moen faucet and Kholer sink. He quoted my wife as much as $300 over the phone for the install....maybe a little less. I am happy with his work but I thought this sounded a bit high...times are tough I know for him and me. My wife thought it sounded a bit high too but thought it was because we did not buy the sink / faucet thru him...again last time he directed us to the big box store so I just did the same this time.

Is that price out of line to remove an old overmount sink / faucet and put a new one in?

Do I need new drain kits? If so do I buy the ones that are $15 or $25 or the Khoelers that are $50 a piece or do I expect the plumber to have these?

Is the 18 gauage sink sufficient....my 20 year old (likely builders model) sink has the entire bottom sprayed with a rubbery substance likely for sound deadening. The new khoeler has only rubber squares here and there.

Thanks for the info.

Comment (1)