SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
carriage_gw

stone and tile help! frosted glass, corian, stone dilemma

carriage
14 years ago

My head is swimming with all the choices! Please help!

Kitchen will be mostly white, contemporary in a classic modern kind of way.

Countertops: I want to love Corian, I really do... With Corian I could get it all seamless (It's long on one side) and I could even run it up the wall and make a little shelf above the sink with it--all one piece. I hate seams and little places that are hard to clean, so this sounds sleek, modern, great. But I am really hesitant to believe its claims about durability... I once had a Corian island top (fifteen years ago in a rental apt) and it seemed to be scratched and just not great looking pretty much all the time. Granted, I didn't try to repair it with sandpaper or scouring cleaners or whatnot... Does anyone love Corian? Find it stays looking great and or is easy to clean/refresh/renew regularly? I'd be getting a white color... The alternative, I think, is to get a Blizzard White Ceasarstone. That's what I'm leaning toward. We will have a small shelf running the length of the countertop, just four or five inches deep. I figure I'll do that in the same, and then maybe eventhe short backsplash that creates the shelf? But again, I don't love those seams it will make... Id' love your thoughts.

For the wall behind the sink--quite a large wall with no upper cabinets, so basically like a giant backsplash, I need to choose tile. Note that the adjacent wall is exposed brick. So I don't want to do a stagger/brick layout. Somethng that is not eyepopping at all, but yet nice to look at. I was thinking frosted glass, in true white, 1 by 6 inches stacked, rather than staggered. But I hear that frosted glass is hard to keep clean... Any opinions? It will get wet every single day (b/c of the sink). I also thought maybe a white stone would be nice... maybe a white, almost solid colored marble or something. I'd love any suggestions, as well as pics if you have any!

Thanks so much!!

Comments (2)