SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
susanwrites_gw

help finding a console table for an odd space

susanwrites
16 years ago

Hi all,

Poking my head back up out of lurkdom to see if anyone has any ideas for where to look for an inexpensive console table to fit an odd space.

This is for my home office which is in transition.

{{!gwi}}

I'm playing with paint samples so the walls are going to change to most likely a shade of green/sage. (which means the white trim around the one window will be painted.)

Here is the odd space. Under the bulletin board there, there is a room A/C that has to stay for now. What I want to do is get a table to go over the space so I can put all the electrical stuff that has to be plugged in, cell phone, blue tooth, iPod, etc. And I want drawers (small ones are fine)because I don't have much storage in here.

{{!gwi}}

The wood for my two desks and file cabinet are old oak, like the old teacher desks. They are staying the same as are the bookcases that are close in color.

The windows now have these woven woods on them.

{{!gwi}}

I don't want to spend $500 for a table there. I'm not sure if I should go for a color that looks close to what is there or go for an accent. The ceiling beams are painted white and there is a white chair in the room so I could do a white one. I could also do black. No glass or metal.

The A/C unit is 42" long so the legs need to go on either side of it. (and it obviously can't have a shelf or brace at the bottom.) It is 10" deep but the table can be deeper.

I know some of you are really experts at knowing where to go for shopping for things so I'm hoping you might have some ideas.

Thanks in advance.

Comments (8)