SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dreamgoddess_01

Finally bought a rug...would love opinions on a paint color

dreamgoddess
15 years ago

After alot of looking, I finally found a rug that I love to use in the dining area at the end of my kitchen. The kitchen and dining area are basically one big room separated by a large cased opening. Here's a photo of the rug.

My counter top is pink and this, along with the flooring, will not be changing when we work on this room. Here's a photo of the counter top, but it's not a great photo. I'm not sure why, but it's hard to get the true color when I take photos of it.

We put new doors on my pantry Sunday and this is the color they have been painted. I still need another coat of paint on them, but this will give an idea of the color. All the trim in the room will be this color as well as my kitchen cabinets.

{{!gwi}}

Now, I'm stuck on wall color. What I have in mind is painting the kitchen a deeper shade that's in the rug and the dining area a lighter shade. I'd like to try to visually make the areas look like two separate rooms. I'm hoping that having the edge of the rug at the beginning of the cased opening and this area a different shade will help with this.

Here's another view of the rug showing more of a closeup of the colors. It looks like there might be sort of a raspberry color in some of the flowers and I was wondering how that shade would look in the kitchen area. Then I would use a lighter value of the raspberry shade in the dining area. Whatever color I choose in this area has got to look good with the counter top. I would really love any advice or suggestion that ya'll might have for paint choices. I've looked at samples until I feel color blind. LOL!

I might not be able to check this thread again until tomorrow night...sometimes I have trouble logging in from work. Hopefully there will be lots of ideas for me!

Comments (11)