SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rthummer

What is a good food for a new puppy ?

rthummer
17 years ago

Hey you have got me to thinking. What is a good dog food for puppies just starting out? I have always used Science Diet, but is there a better one? Also, I would like to ask is there a better dog food for my older dogs than Science Diet? I live in a very rural area so alot of the dog foods that people talk about on here, I have never heard of. I write down the name of the dog food and go to my local feed store, pet store and do not find it. My dogs are on supplemental vitamins along with the Science Diet. No, vet did not recommend this, I just do it. Also, my aussie sheds alot and could this be due to something I am doing wrong with her diet? Hubby and I have the opportunity to acquire another Doxie (puppy) as a lady decided that the puppy was not for her as she got a promotion at work and will have to do overnite travel. The puppy has only been with her for 2 weeks. I think she told me she was 9 weeks old, but not sure exactly. I am still thinking about this as I want to make sure this is the right thing to do.

Comments (11)