SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tamarahl

Reverse Osmosis system the best solution for me?

tamarahl
11 years ago

Ok, Atlantic Blue was here today to test my water, and here are the results:
Hardness: 10 gpg
Iron: 0 ppm
pH: 7
Nitrates: 10 ppm (YIKES!)
Chlorine: 0 ppm
TDS: 160 ppm

The recommendation by Atlantic Blue was the Atlantic Blue Kwik Change RO for drinking water, $995 installed;

or the Point of Use Nitrate for $695 installed.

Both systems use proprietary filters.

They told me the filters must be replaced annually and they will come out and replace them for $250. The RO Membrane filter gets replaced every 3-5 years.

The Atlantic Blue Reverse Osmosis 5 stage purification process is manufactured by Watts. The marketing sheet says 50 GPD TFC membrane and 3.2 gallon storage tank. 5 year warranty on AB Reverse Osmosis and 2 year warranty on Storage Tank.

They said the water softener would be $1900 installed, but I don't have problems with cloudy glassware or sediment in my faucets, so I prefer not to install that. Am I harming my dishwasher, etc. if I don't soften my water?

Thoughts? Should I just order a RO system online that uses generic filters and have the plumber who is working on my kitchen remodel do it? Or should I go with this proprietary system that Atlantic Blue is selling?

If I choose the online route is there a brand and model number you can steer me towards that is reputable and reliable?

I did post this in the Plumbing forum as well, but I know this forum gets a lot more traffic, so I thought I would post my query here, too. Thanks in advance.

Comments (7)