SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
annie1992_gw

Ashley's Baby shower Cake

annie1992
12 years ago

OK, so I'm behind. Way, way behind. I finally got Photobucket beaten back into submission, and so we're back to my not all that well forcused pictures, I know you've all missed them, LOL.

Anyway, I got a silicone mold that you use with fondant and made a little fondant baby for the top of the cake. The pink petals were all done by hand and here they are, getting dry and waiting to be placed on the cake:

Here it is, the pumpkin cake posted here, and it was well worth making again, very moist and dense and covered with maple flavored buttercream and the fondant decorations:

Isn't it cute? here's a closeup:

I also struggled with some of those blasted rose cupcakes, I just can't seem to get the hang of them, but I prevailed, and made red velvet cupcakes with buttercream frosting:

We had ham and au gratin potatoes, homemade rolls, the usual stuff. Here's the happy Mom-To-Be:

the Princess, wearing her favorite fashion accessory, a tutu that Ashley made. And yes, that's Elery behind her with the mustache, which has been subsequently shaved off. Again.

Oh, and in case you didn't know, the baby is a girl and her name is going to be:

Whew, that took what? Two months? (grin)

Annie

Comments (56)