SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rjinga

need advice, Best odor absorbing clumping cat litter

16 years ago

I have adopted a new male kitten (he's now about 5 months old approx). My female tabby mostly hates him, and avoids him at all costs. there are times when she seems tollerant of him and will relax some around him......I thought that initially they were sharing a litter box but I think that now since his scent is on the box that she is not using it and is going outdoors...she prefers to stay outside most of the time (pretty normal for her in general but maybe more extreme since JUNIOR came along)

He can REALLY stink up the litter box and we are in desparate need of getting something that will really work better, aside from trying every brand out there....Any suggestions?

My question is 2 fold, any suggestion on a good clumping litter that works to control odor better than most? and is there anything I can do to help relieve the adult cat's anxiety over this little rascal?

I currently am doing what I can, by trying to keep them apart (especially when he is aggressive towards her) giving her extra attention and encouragement....I can really tell that she is freaked out, he chases her both inside and outside when he sees her, and he jumps on her...I of course have intervened and grabbed him off of her when I can...she is acting very different than before (almost constantly paranoid) and she even seems to cry when I try to console her or pet her if she thinks he's around (it's a growl / cry) but it sure is distressing (to me and to her)

any thoughts?

Comments (18)