SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
saphireny

Male Cat Peeing Everywhere HELP

saphire
17 years ago

We need to sell our 3 level house. For a long time my cat and his brother (recently deceased at age 16) used to pee all over the basement and we tolerated. Occassionally they sprayed but mostly in June and July. Both neutred before a year, never been outside. We finished the basement about Two years ago and its been a battle but I thought it was getting better.

Recently he peed on an upstairs rug near a bathroom he likes to spray in. I have not noticed any pee on th basement floor but instead found he is peeing on the basement couch! His litterbox is about 20 feet away. Iw ill admit that part of the reason we tolerated the peeing (well we tried to discourage it) was that I have been pregnant for many years (five kids all close together) so DH was doing the litter and he did not do a great job. We have been much better about the litter for the last year

I really need to carpet the basement to sell the house but I am afraid to with the cat. What do I do? He is 16 and in good health, what do I do just wait for him to die? I have 5 kid in 3 bedrooms, its impossible

Comments (6)