SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jonw9_gw

My Turn: Water Treatment System Help Request

jonw9
10 years ago

I hat to add another post to the vast collection here, but it seems that our situation is a bit different.

Our water test was as follows, although I am waiting to hear the PH.

Arsenic was not detectable
Calcium 80 mg/L
Magnesium 24 mg/L
Hardness 300mg/L or 18grains
Iron 2 mg/L
Chloride 23.3 mg/L
Sulfate 33.0 mg/L
Nitrite was not detected

1" line, and I am not able to test the flow rate yet. I don't recall floating iron in the water. I also do not recall a 'rotten egg' smell either.

There will be two of us living in the home, but it is lakefront, so we will have visitors on the weekends most of the summer.

There are 3.5 baths, 2 with tubs (one is a whirlpool, seldom used), 3 showers (2 with multiple heads), 2 dishwashers. I figure only one will be used at a time (showers or dishwasher).

I was thinking a Fleck 7000SXT Electronic at 40,000 grain capacity, with gravel underbed, Fleck top basket, and 10% crosslinked resin (or 8% USA resin).

Would a dual tank system be better, then it could regenerate more frequently when demand increases, and handle the iron better as well?

Should this be able to handle the amount of iron in the system? Would I be better off adding an iron filter upstream and save the softener from the extra work?

Comments (11)