SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
share_oh

Why check white blood cell count?

share_oh
17 years ago

My foster puppy who is about 4 months old has had a horrible cough ever since we got him a month ago. We were told it was kennel cough and it basically had to run its course. We gave him Robitussin DM for a week, no change.

So then he went to the vet and they gave him a prescription pill he had to take for 5 days, I forget the name. He got a little better, but not enough.

Yesterday he went back to the vet for a radiograph, which I guess is basically an x-ray of his chest. That showed "stuff" in his lungs. So now he has two liquid meds, one is amoxicillin and the other is cephacol... that's not the right word, but its something like that (I'm at work). He'll be on those for 2 weeks.

I was most concerned about the vet's saying they were running tests to check his white blood cell count. They left me this message on the phone, so I have not had a chance to talk to them about what this means.

Just thought I would check here to see if anyone has any ideas on what they are looking for. I hope to speak to the vet later today.

Thanks

Comments (4)