SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ctlady_gw

Grohe Grotherm thermostatic valve for shower

ctlady_gw
14 years ago

Does anyone have this CORRECTLY installed in a shower? I'm looking for a good, closeup photo to show the contractor's plumber, who has tried twice but been unable to figure out how to do this properly. In particular, there are two white rings that rotate, one plain and one with the temperatures marked on it. He has them together, but we have the impression the smaller one (without the temperature markings) is supposed to be installed AT the wall, not right with the temperature ring. In addition, although he came back to rotate the collar with the "notch" on it to the top (he'd installed it with the notch on the bottom, so you couldn't see it), the volume handle is set so you cannot even GET to the lower temperature markings. (I'll try to post a photo, but am really looking for a GOOD photo of this valve properly installed -- we have Somerset trim.)

Thanks for any help -- this guy has clearly never seen one of these before! We gave him the installation instructions, but the "explosion" diagram is kind of small and I think he needs to see what it's supposed to look like when it's complete.) I'm also having trouble explaining in plain England the concept ... that you are supposed to be able to SET a temperature, whether it's 110° or 80° and the water that comes out is supposed to BE that temperature. He is clearly working on a standard pressure valve mindset -- he seems content that if the handle moves one way, the water gets hotter, if you move it the other way, the water gets colder.

(Posting to Bath forum, too)

Comment (1)