SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
latimore_gw

How hard would it be to add a pot filler in an existing kitchen?

latimore
14 years ago

I posted this on the kitchen forum as well but thought I'd try here too...

I am working on a minor kitchen "spruce up" - not moving any appliances, plumbing (yet, read on...), cabinets, etc. Mostly a little electrical work, some new trim and finishes, etc.

After cooking corn on the cob today I now find myself dreaming of a pot filler. I'm tiling the backsplash behind the stove so I sort of feel like it is now or never.

Has anyone attempted to add a pot filler into an existing kitchen? How hard is it? Would the plumber have to tear the wall apart? I noticed on the installation instructions for a few I looked at that you have to have blocking at the location of the faucet, which I would not have. This leads me to believe that the wall would have to be opened up at least enough to be able to shimmy this in.

I'm taking out an existing range hood that vents into my (unfinished, never to be finished) basement and rerouting the duct for the new one to the exterior of the house. So, there is a nice, open, straight shot into the wall behind my range. Would this make plumbing work easier?

Any advice and insight would be much appreciated. Also, just in case this is feasible - what do you look for in a pot filler? They all seem pretty much the same to me - except for looks and the price tag. Anything to seek out or avoid?

Comments (5)