SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sbm321

Color scheme with forest green vinyl flooring...

Sueb20
10 years ago

My kids' dentist has asked me to help him with an office facelift. An unfortunate condition is that the green vinyl flooring has to stay. This flooring is all through the treatment area, while the redemption area has a tannish carpet. The carpet can be replaced. The green floor stays. The other non-changeable color in the space is easy enough to work with -- the treatment chairs and cabinets are sort of a creamy white with some gray accents. Finally, there is some other cabinetry and doors (like closet doors) that are a dark mahogany color, and they are staying.

Here's another twist to the color scheme. They have recently created a new logo and the colors in the logo are orange, yellow, and gray. He'd like to somehow incorporate those colors into the office (yes, I know).

It's still very early in the process, but I'm really not having any great ideas for a color scheme. The walls will all be painted -- reception area and treatment areas. Not necessarily all the same color, but it is a fairly open concept space, so it could be. Maybe the same color throughout but a little lighter in the treatment rooms.

Given that floor, and the possible incorporation of yellow and orange in the space...what would be your inclination for wall color? He wants the space to feel warm and for the reception area in particular to feel "homey." Do you think a pale gray for a dental office is too cool?

Here's a not-great pic of the floor next to the carpet. The flooring is more green than it looks in this photo.

Comments (9)