SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
chellengene

Lab mix ears

Chellengene
17 years ago

Hi Everyone,

First I want to say that Yes, I do have an appointment with our vet tonight. I am just looking for suggestions on what might be going on with my lab's ears.

Okay, now that is out of the way :) I have a female black lab mix, seems to me that there is some shepard in her as well. I was checking her out the other night after a potty break in our fenced in yard and thought she had dirt on the inside of her ear. I just picked it off and went about checking my other two dogs. The next day I checked her ears and it was there again. I again picked it off. Late that night I was petting her and noticed that it was back. After closer inspection I realized that it was not dirt..so I thought maybe it could be dried up wax. I got a damp cloth and carefully wiped her ears down as now she was showing signs that when I touched it, or tried to scrape it off, it would hurt (she would quietly whimper, and she never whimpers!!) I looked lower into her canal but did not see any build up. This is just on the under side of her ear. After I was done wiping her ears down (this stuff is on both) I dried them off and noticed that now her skin looked raw. By morning, the dried up stuff was there again. So a call was made to the vet. I am just curious as to if anyone has seen anything like this with their pets. It looks like wax, but it seems odd to me how it is only in the one spot on her ears and how the skin looks raw after I wipe it off. And this stuff is caked on there, it is hard and shiny. Do you think it could be some type of infection?

Anyway..just looking for some suggestions, like I said, I will be going to the vet tonight so I'll let you know what we find out!

Thanks!

Chelle

Comments (12)