SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
xrea

Bottlefeeding Kittens? ~8 weeks

xRea
11 years ago

So I was looking to adopt a kitten.

I'd found a kitten, and the foster was bringing her to my house tomorrow(last Tuesday)..Great!

But then I found out that there were two kittens living in an industrial park, in danger of heavy machinery and falling objects.. they were small, hungry, and one had a bad eye infection. Umm, yeah, couldn't just leave them there.

Emailed the foster to tell her what was up, and heavyheartedly postpone(or cancel) the adoption..

Took the kittens to my vet/place of employment (i'm a vet tech c: ), and am awaiting blood/fecal test results for FELV/feline leuk/giardia/ect.

So..basically.. they're ~7-8 weeks old according to my vet/their teeth.. According to the workers, they were dumped there by some jerk (theory, as they kinda just showed up one day) about a month ago, and their eyes JUST changed to greenish from blue.. "Hey, weren't their eyes blue on Thursday??? I'm not crazy! *all the workers laugh*"

So, if they're 7-8 weeks old now, and they were dumped a month ago.. they were just BARELY weened when they were taken from their mum. Which makes sense because.. one of them tries nursing your hand if you let him, and the other nurses on the other kitten's butt area when they nap together..

I know they're a bit old for bottle feeding, but I think it might help them a little? For closure..or something? :(

Ideas? Suggestions?

Comments (7)