SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jillfired

Tile Decision - need help!

jillfired
12 years ago

We are about to paint our cabinets a darker "off white" and we have neutral golden toned granite. We are trying to decide on a tile backsplash and want to add a little interest but don't want to overdo it. We found some beige travertine 4 x 4 tiles, matching pencil molding and glass mosaic that includes some travertine stone squares that match the travertine 4 x 4(s). The mosaic squares are are 1 inch. Here is my question: Would it look foolish for us to sandwich the row of glass mosaic between two rows of travertine and pencil molding. On both rows, the pencil molding would be butting up against the glass to separate it from the travertine. I'm just trying to figure out if this is an acceptable configuration.

I would love to see any pics from this forum where you have used travertine or stone tiles with the glass mosaic.

Thanks in advance!

Could we put a row of these travertine 4 x 4(s) topped with this pencil molding, then a (large) row of the glass mosaic, topped with another row of the pencil then travertine? The glass mosaic would basically be sandwiched between two rows of travertine and pencil molding. Would this look silly or overdone?

Here is the pic of the 3 items. There is still plastic on the tile samples (apologies) but we're not sure we're keeping it. If you can't tell, the travertine matches the stone piece in the glass mosaic. The pencil molding is the same color as the tile - it is just already sealed.

Comments (2)