SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
toomuchglass

One of the worst animal shelters I've seen

toomuchglass
17 years ago

I saw a dog on this website that I would have loved to have. I looked at their list of their adoptable OLD dogs .

http://www.1-800-save-a-pet.com/adoption_rescue/69120.html

I Was excited ! I Went there --- I Was shocked !! The website is so phony ...I was appalled at the conditions of the actual kennel .

I'll condense the story ... Starting --- the kennel was in one of those half circle old military barracks with the corregated metal all over. There had to be 20 or more dogs in there - each had a little chain link fence enclosure with a drain. NO Pads to lay on - nothing. I Went in -- the stench of Pee overwhelmed me.I couldn't hear myself think because of the barking. I YELLED that I came to see a certain dog.I was to wait in the hallway

( a 6 x 9 space )till they brought her out.This dog hasen't been combed in at least a year ... and all she wanted was OUT . She didn't care about me -- she clawed at the door. They brought another dog ot to see me and it was the same thing - she wanted out. I guess this little old lady runs this shelter with the help of volunteers . After meeting her - I know she means well in her heart - she knows all her dogs and their personalities ...but this "Shelter " is horrid. I doubt if any one of these dogs will be adopted. This just splits my heart -- I know she means well --- but .............

WHat do you think ?

Comments (11)