SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
crissyinchaseburg

Kittens Killed by ????

crissyinchaseburg
14 years ago

Hi, I am so sad, and I really shouldn't be. We live near a farm, so an occasional stray cat in not uncommon around here. Last week, I noticed a cat in my wire fenced in flower bed. When I tried to shoo her out, I figured out why she was inside the fence. She had a litter of six!! Their eyes were just opening and so cute!! Not that I was crazy about a bunch of kittens around my house and yard, but I figured they would eventually end up back at the farm, no problem. Yesterday, I went out to check on them, and found, to my HORROR, a tail and a kitten head. I had my husband look and he found one more dead whole kitten. What kind of an animal would do this??? I know we have raccoons and possum around, but I don't think they could get into the fence. We have an old Lab who LOVES cats, and he can't get in the fence, he (and the bunnies) is the reason the fence is there. I know he didn't do it.

I am so sad and sick I can't even eat. I am so afraid I will find the other 4, or parts of them.

I am sure she had them in the flower bed, it was a safe place. Now she walks around the yard, meowing and crying. It breaks my heart.

Should I be setting a live trap and try to trap this monster?? What do you think I am dealing with?

Comments (9)