SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mike_r_2000

Pros and Cons of free standing cabinets

mike_r_2000
16 years ago

Hi everyone, I've been lurking around reading the various info posted. Some great stuff on counter tops and faucets in particular.

I wanted to see if anyone could give me their opinions on free standing cabinets? In particular I was looking at Green Tea Design. I came across them online and they aren't too far away from where I live so shipping (which I'd think is a major concern with something already built) shouldn't be too bad.

Anyway, they have what seems to be a pretty nice looking collection of kitchen cabinets. I was thinking of redoing my kitchen and the style of these really appeals.

What other things should I be worried about if I were to pursue this? One of the things that seems fairly obvious is that these aren't the most space efficient cabinets, which isn't a huge issue for me, but I think there are other things that I'm missing.

(on a side note: anyone want to recommend me some good granite counters to go with some of the darker stains they have available? I'm not the best at matching colours.)

Thanks!

-Mike

Comments (5)