SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rmkitchen

Holy Cow -- I completed a (teeny) project!

rmkitchen
15 years ago

I am always amazed by and delighted with the projects you all do, and the speed of some of you overwhelms me. Wow. Well, I am now delighted with myself because I finally completed a project!

I fell in love with these vases from Gump's but couldn't justify the price ($505 for both).

{{!gwi}}

So at Signals I found similar vases but in a white birch color. (No longer available at Signals but now at Target, exact same vases.) Both of the vases for $39.99!

So I got them but was never content with them, esp. in my setting (the white birch sort of faded into the wall and seemed wrong with the dark wood desk):

One morning Li'l Bit and I went to Michaels where I purchased some Liquitex copper and bronze acrylic paints; when he went down for his nap I went to town! I first painted the whole thing with the bronze paint; when it had dried, I went in with the copper and dabbed it here and there. I also rubbed umber into the spots where it had been dark (as white birch), and I love it!

In this picture you can better see the variation:

I still have a laundry list oh, about seventeen miles long of projects, but it is so crazy gratifying to get at least one thing done, start-to-finish. Yippee!

And totally unrelated, but today I purchased these shoes for Li'l Bit (who'll be three in June) -- I think these are so adorable I might just serve them for dessert with a spoon!

Comments (28)