SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
azzalea_gw

My Paranoia Is Showing

azzalea
16 years ago

Okay, couldn't sleep last night.

During my night long tossing and turning, and random thinking, I remembered that DH had just gotten a new Blackmail Card (I'll rant about that another time--LOL) from his favorite supermarket. Of course, as is usual these days, it came with a card or 2 and a couple of key tags.

Now, I'm not a fan of key tags, anyway. I've been on a mission for years to lighten my key chain. At this point, I have 2--one with just a few keys, just enough to get me out the door and into my car. And another with ALL the keys for everything my husband likes to lock up (I look like a prison warden when I carry that one).

Well, back to the key tags. It occurred to me how dangerous they are. Our supermarket prints your name on your receipt when you use your shopping card. So if you lose your keys--or someone sees that bright tag and lifts them--all they'd have to do is go to the appropriate supermarket and buy something small using the tag. At that point, they'd have your name. Wouldn't be all that difficult to find your address then--and hey, by now they have the keys to your home and car.

I'm still exhausted from a night on no sleep--did that rambling make any sense to anyone else?

Comments (6)