SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jules0988_gw

Question about my Pups ears

jules0988
15 years ago

My 10 month old retriever/shar pei mix pup has some strange looking spots in her ears. I know these have not always been there since I check my dog's ears periodically and clean them regularly. I noticed it after she was scratching her ear on Sunday and I took a look. It was red from the scratching but noticed some reddish brown spots, just few, and I wiped them out with a cotton ball. They almost look like scabs. Each day she gets more of them although she is NOT scratching her ears or shaking her head at all since then. They don't seem to be bothering her except for the one time I saw her scratching at her one ear. I looked up ear mites on several sites and while the look of what she has going on is similar I am not convinced that it is ear mites since she is not scratching at her ears or shaking her head. She does seem to have some pain with it as she fights me to get a look inside where normally she has no problem with me touching her ears. Any ideas or input would be greatly appreciated.

Julie, Gus, Greta and McKenzie

Comments (16)