SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
goldgirl_gw

Finally ordered a dining room table!

goldgirl
15 years ago

Thanks to everyone who responded to my previous post. After looking at what seems like every round table on the planet, we ordered from Stickley through a local, family-owned store that aggressively discounts and worked hard for the sale.

I had just about given up on finding anything because the inexpensive tables looked cheap next to our chairs and the higher-end tables made our chairs look cheap. We looked at a Stickley table but wrote it off based on stain samples. Then, the owner stepped in - she looked at my chair, knew exactly what stain would match, and directed us to a Stickley sideboard in the same color. We pulled our chair over and it was amazingly close. In fact, they're going to send a small drawer with our order to ensure a match and avoid an up-charge for a custom color. Just goes to show what a difference a salesperson can make, and the importance of seeing actual furniture vs. samples! Given our color problems, she also recommended that we avoid the contrasting border, which can be hard to predict, and suggested a decorative edge instead.

So now, we wait. And look at rugs!

{{!gwi}}

Here is a link that might be useful: Previous thread

Comments (11)

Sponsored
KP Designs Group
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars50 Reviews
Franklin County's Unique and Creative Residential Interior Design Firm