SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cindy_lou_who

Sick Bulldogge

cindy_lou_who
12 years ago

I have an almost two year old Olde English Bulldogge. She's been sick since 9-15-11 when she started throwing up & had diarrhea. I took away her food and started her on boiled chicken and brown rice. She was OK with this and after several days, I started mixing in some of her food. Once the mixture was more dog food than chicken, she started throwing up again, so we called the vet & went in. Bloodwork came back fine, electrolytes were OK, all organ functions were where they should be, negative for Parvo. Two X-rays show no blockages that he can see, and they were sent to an outside radiologist to double check. Nothing can be seen. He said to continue bland diet for about 5 days, prescribed Flagyl for her intestines which showed pockets of gas, and gave her a shot to stop the vomiting. That was on 9-19-11. So now it's 9-22-11 and we're still on the bland diet but she won't drink water. I've been adding a little to her food to keep her hydrated but she doesn't go to her dish to drink. She only poops once a day now, and it's not much. Could it be the Flagyl? Any suggestions?

Comments (8)