SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mboston_gw

Know anything about double ortolani?

mboston_gw
16 years ago

My friend has a 9 month old Golden Lab who was just diagnosed with Double Ortolani. They took her to the vet because last week they started hearing clicking sound in her hip area and could feel something as well that wasn't right. I don't know the details but it has something to do with the pelvic area and the vet is consulting with two other vets who do a surgery called a Triple Pelvic Osteotomy where they rebuild the pelvic bones(??). My friend was old that the surgery was usually done between 8 months and 18 months while the bones were still growing, after that hip replacement would be the only other option.

Their vet had put Daisy to sleep to do Xrays and exam and she could pop both hips right out of their sockets. The Xrays showed that Daisy still has growing to do so they have time to do the surgery.

I feel so bad for my friend. She has an older dog that is going downhill fast, has seizures and thryoid problems, arthritis and is in pain alot now. She has done everything she can for Nicki and the vet has told her that the end is near. Now all this with Daisy.

If anyone has had this type of surgery done on their pet, could you please respond or maybe Meaghan can give me some info for my friend.

Comments (2)