SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
israat

Care for 13 year old cat with metastatic cancer

israat
10 years ago

Hi all,

My lovely 13 year old cat was diagnosed earlier this year with mammary cancer, and now almost 4 month after her lumpectomy (the vet said she couldn't survive a mastectomy) the tumor has metastasized into her intestines, and she has lumps where the lumpectomy was performed, I took her to another vet who said that he cannot do anything and her case is terminal.
She has lost a bit of weight but she is still within the healthy range, she is eating although not as much as before, she is drinking, her bathroom habits have changed in frequency, she is still slightly playful, but she does not purr as much as she used to. Yet her state goes into ups and downs...
Where I live, in Jordan, chemo therapy is not an option, as we do not have oncologist vets... So right now there is nothing I can do.
The reason I'm posting this, is to get input on how I can take care of her for the time she has left (the vet gave her 7 months), and also, since I have never been through something like this, I want to make the right decision when it comes to letting her go... My heart is breaking as I write this, and ever since I heard the news of her terminal case, I have been crying every night at the prospects of making the decision to end her life.
Some of my friends and family say that maybe I should consider putting her to sleep before things get worse, and before she shows other symptoms, but I feel that this would be wrong...
Help me, please, as I feel so confused....

Comments (32)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, OH