SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lilliepad_gw

Just made up a recipe........

lilliepad
16 years ago

For those on low carb diets that don't mind using Splenda.I had a bag of apples that I needed to use up because I forgot I already had apples and bought another bag.Anyway,they were the red ones and I don't usually cook with them but thought I might as well try something.My kids love the Apple Crisp and I have tried to perfect it using a sugar substitute but the "Crisp" just isn't the same without sugar.So......I peeled,cored and sliced the apples as if I were making the original.Put them in a baking pan sprayed with no stick spray and sprinkled them with a little Splenda and cinnamon and dotted with butter.You could probably leave off the butter if you're watching fats.Covered the pan with foil and let the apples steam in the oven (350*) while my roast was cooking for about 40 min. until apples were tender.Took them out and removed the foil and stirred them up a bit.There was a little juice in the bottom of the pan but I didn't add any liquid in the beginning.I roughly crushed about 12 "Gotta Have" brand frosted oatmeal cookies,sprinkled them over the top and returned them to the 350 degree oven for about 20 minutes.It wasn't juicy like a cobbler but it was delish! Served it warm with a dip of sugar free ice cream.My DGS even liked it.I get the cookies at Wal Mart in the cookie aisle,top shelf.They are in a purple bag They have several different flavors of cookies but DH likes this one best.It's a thin cookie with white icing drizzled over it.You could probably use the sugar free canned apple pie filling,or even the cherry and skip the first cooking part,or just about any other fruit that you would normally bake with.

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths